Toy Story 4, Star Wars and “The Joker” | Movie Backlot Episode: 37
We are talking Toy Story 4, The Joker appearing in Suicide Squad, Star Wars EP:7 getting a title, a new actor putting his name into the Steve Jobs Biopic and much more.
Download this episode (right click and save)
Hey there Jabronis this is the Movie Backlot Podcast EP:37, I am one of your host Steven Merced and I am joined by Alexander Robinson and Dylan Mickanen. For those of you that don’t know the Movie Backlot podcast is geekedoutnation.coms Movie podcast. Every week we get together and Look at the weeks box office numbers, see whats coming out next week and discuss the biggest movie related news stories. After all that is said and done we turn the show towards Blu-Rays and see which ones are worth talking about.
- Big Hero 6 $56.2 million
- Interstellar $50 million
- Gone Girl $6.1 million
- Ouija $6 million
- St. Vincent $5.7 million
- Toy Storyis coming back for another installment, and original film director John Lasseter is on board to direct. The film will be released on June 16th, 2017. Lasseter has revealed to The LA Times thatToy Story 4 will be a “love story” and will pick up where Toy Story 3 left off.
- According to TheWrap, “Oscar winner Jared Letois circling a key role in David Ayer‘s Suicide Squad that could prove to be The Joker.” The site claims Ryan Gosling was initially approached for the Joker role but declined due to the number of sequels he would have been required to commit to. TheWrap adds that both Warner Bros. and Leto’s reps declined comment.
- Lucasfilm has revealed the title of Star Wars: Episode VII and it is … Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The title reveal was announced today via com. Principal Photography recently wrapped on the J.J. Abrams-directed film, with the rumor mill saying we’ll get our first teaser trailer for The Force Awakens soon.
- Michael Fassbender(X-Men: Days of Future Past, Prometheus) is in talks to play Steve Jobs in the upcoming biopic based on the late Apple founder. Variety reports that talks with Fassbender began after yesterday’s announcement that Christian Bale had dropped out of the film as he felt he wasn’t right for the part.
- While speaking with The Guardianabout Interstellar, Nolan — who served as executive producer on Zack Snyder’s Superman movie — revealed that he personally nixed the idea when the studio floated it by him. “A real movie wouldn’t do that,” the filmmaker said of Marvel’s coda formula. According to EW, the director released the following statement: “I would never say someone else’s film isn’t ‘a real film.’ The quote is inaccurate.”
- The Universal Monsters are making a comeback. We already know Alex Kurtzman(Transformers, Star Trek, etc.) is directing a remake of The Mummy for a June 24, 2016, release date. And now Universal has also revealed that a project known only as Untitled Universal Monster Franchise Film will be released less than a year later on Friday, April 21, 2017.
- Will Ferrelland Mark Wahlberg are set to co-star in the upcoming film Daddy’s Home. Bringing the two men together in comedic roles, Daddy’s Home is about a radio executive (Ferrell) competing with a recently-returned freeloading father (Wahlberg) for the affection of his two stepkids.
- Lone Survivor’s star Mark Wahlbergand director Peter Berg are reuniting for the long-gestating feature film version of the classic ’70s TV series The Six Million Dollar Man. Now upgraded to The Six Billion Dollar Man
- The Weinstein Co. officially announced the cast of The Hateful Eight today,The Hateful Eight are: Samuel L. Jackson, Kurt Russell, Tim Roth and Channing Tatum.
- Matt Damonhas confirmed that he will reprise his role as Jason Bourne. The actor told E! News that he will be reuniting with director Paul Greengrass on the duo’s third Bourne collaboration and fifth installment in the franchise overall.