The job roles that CSM certified professionals are privy to are varied and can be found in industries that span from healthcare to construction, apart from core IT. However, there are certain duties that all Scrum Masters must fulfill, which makes them stand out from the non-certified team leads and managers:
- Facilitator: A very important role that a CSM certified professional plays is to bring together Lean, Agile and Scrum within the confines of the project, and pave a common route that is not just understood, but is also tangible to the lowermost individual that is taking part in the project.
- Planning and Estimation: As a Scrum Master, you must be able to take on the task of budgeting. Budgeting not just in terms of money, but also time. In this regard, a CSM should be able to divide and delegate works into sizeable chunks.
- Assigning: As the Scrum authority, a Scrum Master is expected to understand the SWOT of each individual in the team and the project as a whole. To lead the team, he must be able to assign the right job to the right person and see it through. If you find that difficulty, you may be lacking the skills required in taking the onus, a CSM certification training in Austin might be the right choice for you.
- Agile expertise: The core of Agile is continuous learning. Lethargy is the enemy of continuous improvement. In order to ensure that the team stays on track, a Scrum Master must be able to organize and facilitate sprint planning meets on a regular basis. But at the same time, he should have the knack required to keep the team motivated by mitigating boredom. Short and crisp, but often and coordinated is the key to a good meeting.
- Retrospection: Ever so often, a Scrum Master must be able to take a pause break for retrospection. In order to find all the knicks in the system, it is extremely important to take a breather and double-check even if everything seems to be going just fine.
- Soldier: The Scrum Master in many ways must take responsibility for every team member and have their back. This is because he is the link between the team and the management. The key to enter the management leader is to show that you won’t let power get into your head and that you have the ability to act as a glue. Bad managers in many ways act as the catalysts of disastrous reactions.
- Coach and mentor: A Scrum Master must not only strictly adhere to Agile principles, but he must also be able to imbibe the practices in his team members through innovative methods. Teaching by example is necessary but doesn’t ensure 100 percent effectiveness.
- Productivity Pro: It is important that the main job of a Scrum Master is to eliminate bottlenecks. By streamlining the flow of work, time and money spent to get a massive cut. In order for that to happen, it is most important that the weakest links in the chain are given extra support by the stronger counterparts. While this may be a utopian ideology, it is important that at least the backlogs in one arena are offset by progress in other areas. This requires immense patience.
- Backlog Management: A Scrum Master must be able to implement a cut-throat set of rules to each individual in order to combat the probability of taking the team on a downward spiral of an exponential increase in spending while handling client pressures. To this extent, the CSM should be able to contain pressures and not let it affect the productivity of the team.
- Creativity connoisseur: Most important responsibility of all, a Scrum Master should bring out the creativity in his team and be able to take responsibility for the risk of innovation on behalf of his teammates. To do this, open-mindedness is key. While this does not mean that any manic though in a meeting is given due diligence, it is absolutely imperative that an atmosphere of encouragement is created. An impetus for engaging in creative discussions is provided by the Scrum Master.
If you find yourself being the most creative in your team, all you need to do is hone your leadership and management skills. You may find that the Certified ScrumMaster training in Houston might just be all that you need to take a small but significant step up on your career ladder! Getting the certification not just hones your skills, but also gives you a digital badge to up your online profile.