Are you glad to see 2020 come to an end? I am too! The pandemic ruined many 2020 travel plans. With the news of the coronavirus Pfizer BioNTech vaccine rolling out, every traveler, entrepreneur, business owner, employee are excited about what the new year holds.
For travelers like Nimrod Santo, it’s a fresh breath of release. In no time, lockdowns will be eased and people will enjoy the simple things of life, like get togethers and traveling. Few days ago, Nimrod Santo walked into our New York office and had quite a chat with our media team.
Nimrod is a serial entrepreneur, direct response martketer, and quite the traveler. He let us in on some of his travel secrets.
Best Travel Secrets from Nimrod Santo
These secrets will help you enjoy traveling in 2021.
1. Set Realistic Travel Goals
Everyone is talking about new year resolutions. But you have to set realistic goals when it comes to traveling. For example, instead of thinking, “I will visit 12 countries in 2021,” you can have a more realistic resolution on how you will travel to a luxurious holiday spot in 2021.
Your plan will be an adventurer’s road map. Sometimes, I take almost two years to plan and prepare for an adventure. I will visit and explore South Africa’s wild forests in 2023, and I already have a road map.
Traviling is like retiring: you need to factor in the finance, time, work, and if you are a family man, you must factor in your loved ones. It cannot be done in a hurry.
2. Each Adventure Should Have a Theme
You should travel with direction. Of course, you have a destination in mind, but you must determine why you want to travel before you make a booking.
Do you want to see more art? Do you plan to cruise through uncharted sites? Do you simply want more physical challenges? Do you want to unwind and enjoy every passing moment?
I believe that travelers should think of these kinds of plans using a road trip map. If you don’t have a goal and a direction, you may get lost along the way.
What travel did you dream about during the pandemic? What do you miss about travel that you’d like to experience in 2021? It’s up to you to explore your wildest and most beautiful imagination.
3. Don’t Always Follow the Crowd
Today, most of the information available to travelers are found online. The information posted on these common websites are often borrowed from other sites.
Whereever you plan to go—or whenever you decide to pick a destination, conduct thorough research in the place and the people. A true adventurer does not follow the crowd. If there is a wave abot the Eifel Tower, I do not go.
As an entrepreneur, you should travel to connect with people of a different culture, language, and tradition. I travel because it inspires me to be more creative.
4. You can Get Free Hotel Stays
One of the best secrets I share with people is that I usually get free hotel stays. I know that many people search for this query online. They are almost always disappointed.
As opposed to what many people think, you can get your stay in hotels using free travel certificates found on some websites. There are many secrets to getting excellent travel perks, including first-class tickets.
I’ll let you in on a few:
- If you are a blogger with good traction, you can join affiliate programs for travel companies and services like hotels, airline companies, and travel agencies. You can win great coupons for joining.
- Photograph your experience and share with friends, family members, and social communities. Quora is a great place to mine referrals. The good thing about writing about your travel experience is that you do not have to write too much. A picture says a thousand words.
- Just ask: Whenever I call a travel agency or a hotel, I ask, ‘do you guys have any available discount? Can I get a room for two with the price of one?’ You will be amazed at the incredible offer you may enjoy by just asking.
5. Other Tips
– Save the beautiful memories with a camera. If you cannot afford a camera, buy a phone with good camera quality.
– Save some space in your traveling bags for souvenirs.
– Enjoy yourself.
– Be open-minded.
– When the time comes to travel again, these destinations — all right in your own backyard — are the ones to visit next.